Industry is driven by the electrical machines- alternator or generator, motor and transformers. Alternator or generator converts mechanical energy to electrical energy or power, on the contrary electrical motor transforms electrical energy to mechanical energy for various functions. Electrical Transformer is used to transform current or voltage level to higher or lower for the purpose of system needs.
- Brief insight on practical Alternator theory & operation.
- Alternator basic characteristics- what needs to know.
- Brief insight on synchronization of alternator or generator.
- How damper winding provides smooth starting to synchronous machine.
- Brief insight on Synchronous Alternator theory & operation.
Alternator Excitation Circuit:
- Rotating diode monitoring system for excitation circuit of generato0r.
- Exciter rotor with diode bridge of ABB alternator
- Excitation circuit diagram of ABB alternator.
- Excitation control principle in different Brand Alternators.
2. Electrical Motor
Basic of Motor-
- Motor design concept – efficiency based design (EBD) & power factor based design (PFBD)
- A Brief insight to basic theory & operation of motor.
- Basic comparison between ac and dc motor..
- All equations related to motor.
- Rotor basic concepts, types and function of rotor skew.
- Damper winding & its function in electrical machine.
- What is rotor Skew in squirrel cage rotor and its function.
- A brief insight on basics of Induction motor.
- Why does rotor rotates in an induction motor.
- Basic of all AC motors in one place
Starting of Induction Motor
- Theoretical concept on Starting of Induction motor.
- Star Delta starter of squirrel cage rotor Induction motor.
- Why the starting current of induction motor is very high compare to running condition.
- Direct online or DOL starting of asynchronous or induction motor.
- Auto Transformer starting of squirrel cage rotor Induction motor.
- Soft starter of squirrel cage rotor Induction motor.
3. Electrical Transformer
- Complete basics and theory of Electrical Transformer.
- Periodic inspection & diagnostics of transformer- Ensuring a long life for your transformer.
- All about transformer oil or transformer insulating oil- in brief.
- Transformer Oil level in conservator tank- practical considerations.
- Discussion on Transformers Connected Directly to Generators
- Concept of phase shifting transformer to control load sharing of parallel power lines.
- How dry type transformers are self-extinguishing and fire resistant.
- Basics of Power Transformers & Distribution Transformers.
- Concept of Leakage Reactance in power transformer
- Calculation of KVA or MVA capacity of single phase and three phase transformer
Electrical Transformer testing & Maintenance
Electrical Transformer Facts
- Effect on electrical transformer with high or low frequency.
- Why there is humming noise in transformer.
- Leakage reactance in Power Transformer
- Quadrature booster transformer- to control amount of real power flow between two parallel lines
- Why SF6 or Sulfur Hexafluoride gas is better for arc inturrupting medium in electrical system